The coronavirus pandemic has been a big blow on all nations of the world, while a lot of countries are taking necessary precautions and steps to prevent the spread of the virus. Among the actions taking by the head of states of different countries is to lock down the country’s economic activates, human movement in a bit to limit the spread of the virus.
The health sector has been overwhelmed with patients suffering from coronavirus, while other patients also needed care and treatment. Some countries like Italy, the United Kingdom, United sates have been on lockdown for about three weeks straight.
Because of this, it then shows that many have been having the same old dinner recipe over and over with little or no change. Whatever the case might be, it is crystal clear that the dinner must have been wearing you out or the family members. Although some combinations you have thought of might be delicious but not healthy and nutritious for you or your family members.
Certainly, the regular daily activities that take away your day time have been suspended due to the lockdown enacted by the government. However, it does mean it is a great time for you to test your hands-on, easy, and fast, healthy lockdown dinner recipes for yourself or your entire family. Luckily for you, there is some list of easy dinner recipes that healthy for your body and can also help you boost immunity to fight any diseases. Below are some meals you can get started with:
Mushroom and Beef Spaghetti (Combined with Parmesan and Pesto)
This meal is straightforward and less complicated to cook, while it only takes about 25 to 30 minutes of preparation time. It shows that dinner is ready as in less than 30 minutes while you and your family would be enjoying a yummy meal. Furthermore, the nutritional value available in the food is a perfect combo for immune boosting.
It comprises of the following values per serving: Energy (KJ) 4130, Fat 37.7 g, Energy of which saturates 13.6 g, Energy of which sugars 21.1 g, Protein 54.6 g, Sodium 1060 mg.
Recipes (For 4 people serving amount)
- 4 clove of garlic
- 2 units of brown onion
- 1 punnet of button mushrooms
- 2 units of carrot
- 2 units of courgette
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 packet of beef mince
- 2 packet of spaghetti pasta
- 2 packet of grated Parmesan cheese (it must contain milk)
- 2 cube of beef stock
- 2 sachet of Italian herbs
- 1 tin of crushed & sieved tomatoes
- 2 tin of tomato paste
- 1 packet of red pesto (it must contain milk, tree Nuts)
- Olive oil
- 40 g of butter
- Get ready a medium saucepan that contains lightly salted water, and then boil the content. Go ahead and chop the brown onion finely, grate the courgette, and the carrot as well. Also, slice out the button mushrooms thinly and produce roughly chopped parsley.
- Get a large frying pan (non-stick preferably), pour 1 or 2 cups of olive oil into the frying pan, place the frying pan containing oil on a high heat source. Add the minced beef to the boiling oil and cook for about 4 to 6 minutes while breaking up the beef with a spoon.
- While the beef is still cooking on the heat source, open up the saucepan where the boiling water is and add the spaghetti. Cook the spaghetti for about 10 to 12 minutes, take out about one-third of the pasta water, reserve it and drain out the rest water.
- Switch to the frying pan containing the beef; add the sliced onions, garlic, and mushrooms to the pan. Continue cooking for about 4 to 5 minutes while stirring the contents together, take note until the onions and mushrooms have softened. Add the courgette, carrot, butter, and Italian herbs and cook, stirring, until softened for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes paste and the red pesto to the pan while you continue stirring till it forms a coat. Continue stirring while you add the reserved one-third of the pasta water, then crushed and sieved tomatoes, and the crumbled beef stock. Go ahead and reduce the heat source to allow the content to cook for about 4 to 6 minutes, add the cooked spaghetti to the pan and toss over the coat. Season the content with salt and the desired amount f pepper.
- Serve the spaghetti into several food bowls; top each bowl with the grated Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Enjoy your yummy dinner with tasty and nutritious meals.
With the above food recipe, you will notice that with hand food ingredients, you can prepare a taste and yummy dinner for your family. During this period of lockdown, nearby grocery stores would be the perfect location to get the required recipe for this meal. This healthy meal would be an additional way to enjoy this lockdown period making it worthwhile.
Besides, you would be able to boost your immune system, eat healthily, and also spend quality time with your family. Peradventure you love cooking a short and easy meal like this would spice up your cooking skills and also enable you to learn more short and healthy meals for your family. However, if you crave to learn more about healthy meal recipes for yourself or the entire family, visit amazing health secrets for more inspiration.
More so, you can learn new ways of cooking, new meal combinations, and ultimately healthy food that would help your immune system. Meal ideas that are aimed at all-round nutrition are hard to come by, leveraging on this would definitely change your eating habit.