Vitamin D is one of the essential supplements needed by the human body, as it boosts up the body and makes the individual feel fresh. In this article, we will discuss the best time during which the individuals are required to take vitamin D. It has been compared considering different factors to get informative knowledge regarding such.
There was no doubt regarding the fact that bodies need Vitamin D, which regulates the absorption of the calcium or phosphorus in the bones. Thus it will help our cell to communicate with each other and strengthen the immune system. According to some of the research conducted, it has been encountered that vitamin D supplement doesn’t promote bone and immune system health, just useful for individuals who have a Vitamin D deficiency.
No doubt that our bodies need vitamin D, as it plays a key role in regulating the absorption of calcium and phosphorus in bones. At the same times it also helps our cells to communicate with each other, and helps strengthen our immune system. But can vitamin D supplementation offer additional health benefits?
Previous research suggests it can, and again few other studies also indicate that vitamin D supplementation does not do any more than promoting bone and immune system health and is only useful for people who have a vitamin D deficiency.
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin and has been available in 5 forms of the vitamin — D1, D2, D3, D4, and D5. However, vitamin D2 and D3 seem to be most significant in the human body.
Sunlight is considered as the primary source of vitamin D. However, there has been no set of amounts of time an individual should spend in sunlight to receive a sufficient amount of vitamin D.
The UK national health services reported the fact that the short burst of sun exposure during summer months needs to be enough.
The energy received from the sun changes the chemical in skin to vitamin D3, later carried to the kidney and liver, where it is made into active vitamin D.
Some food such as egg, oily fish, and fortified fat spread, also comprise the vitamin, however, in a small quantity. When such food items are intake by the individual, it is sent to the liver and processed identically.
The function of Vitamin D
- The primary role of vitamin D is to enhance the intestinal absorption of calcium, a process that seems to be crucial for effective bone health.
- It also strengthens the immune system and support cell to cell communication in the human body.
Vitamin D also helps strengthen the immune system and aids cell to cell communication in the body.
- Some of the researchers have reported that the consumption of vitamin D seems to be most active during the morning time. Thus it is for this reason that research done shows that taking vitamin D along with the other supplements at night seems to interfere with the comfort of the sleep.
- The studies conducted by the researchers indicate a strong connection being encountered between the uses of the supplement and disrupted sleep patterns. However, there has been no conclusive evidence been found that general supplement taken at night seems to cause sleep issues.
- Melatonin refers to the hormone which is responsible for the circadian rhythms, controlling the level of sleep and wake cycles. It can be understood from the studies that vitamin D consumption hinders the production of melatonin that confuses the circadian rhythm and further reduces sleep quality.
It makes sense to the fact that given your body naturally produces the vitamin D that has been available from sun exposure, the only luxury we experience during the day time.
Now, we need to understand the fact that what the most suitable way of taking vitamin D. is it is a fat-soluble vitamin that affects the vitamin D storage (the fatty tissue along with the liver of the body which stores the vitamin D) along with the absorption.
The fat-soluble vitamins are generally absorbed in the fat globules which pass via the intestine wall and into the bloodstream. The prevailing theory related to the fact that consuming vitamin D supplements with the meal that comprises the fat, Vitamin D, is more efficiently and effectively absorbed into the bloodstream.
The study by the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics found the fact that participants who consume the vitamin D supplements with the high –fat meal absorbed up to nearly 32% more vitamin D than those who seem to have the fat-free meal.
With such, it has been quite common for the health professional to recommend the fact that consuming vitamin D supplements with the most substantial meal of the day. However, there are several numbers of conflicting studies that have been taken into consideration that shows no association between the higher level of vitamin D and consuming vitamin D supplements with the food.
It has been considered that in the instance of taking vitamin D with food or not, the jury still out. According to the research that has been made by John Cannell, the head of vitamin D council said the fact when it comes to popping that vitamin D; it takes it on to the full stomach, take it on to the empty. It has been said that either take it once or twice a day.
Vitamin D Intake Varies With the Seasons
The best time for the consumption of Vitamin D has been relative to the season in which you are consuming it. It will depend upon several factors, including the fact.
- Amount of sun exposure, which has been attained.
- How much vitamin D-rich food you are consuming.
There are several people having confusion regarding the fact – what time of the year is best suited to consume the vitamin D? While the supplementation seems to be useful for the individual who is running on the empty vitamin D tank, other seem to get sufficient vitamin D that has been taking place during summer or if they live in the sunny climate.
The latter usually doesn’t need the supplementation for the reason that vitamin D level seems to be high due to the quick sun and UV light exposure.
If you are very concerned regarding the level of consumption, you need to consult with the doctor regarding the consumption level of vitamin D. toxicity refers to the issue which is caused due to the use of a higher amount of Vitamin D and even leads to the condition termed as hypocalcemia.
From the above discussion regarding the fact that what is the appropriate time for consuming vitamin D, below are the concluding points:
- On the safer side, it has recommended taking Vitamin D with food, specifically with some healthy fats included in it.
- It would be best if you took vitamin D as early as possible during the morning time that maximizes the natural melatonin products and delivers a comfortable sleeping experience. It will also help to boost up the body and make you feel fresh and confident throughout the day.
- If you are concerned regarding the consumption level of vitamin D, it has been suggested to check with the doctor for obtaining favorable results.